Accounting & Payroll Associate
Are you highly analytical and super organized? Do you want to be a part of a growing company where you'll be able to tackle a variety of accounting problems while working alongside a friendly and supportive team?
Yesler is hiring! We're looking for a full-time Accounting & Payroll Associate to join us in our Seattle office. This position has frontline responsibility for payroll and key roles in customer billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general accounting tasks. This is a growth position and a great starting off point for someone looking to gain experience across an accounting/payroll department.
Under the supervision of the CFO, you'll work with our Accounting and HR teams to:
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll for a 350-employee staff
- Prepare monthly benefit and payroll related journal entries and allocations
- Act as the front line for payroll service questions and correspondence
- Support customer billing activities and record-keeping
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Manage bank reconciliations and credit-card record-keeping
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Build journal-entry reporting across all Accounting functions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional work experience preferred
- Firm understanding of GAAP
- Familiarity with financial statement preparation
- Familiarity with multi-state payroll processing and related taxes and benefits
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Deeply organized, with the highest standards of confidentiality and integrity
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
Yesler is a B2B marketing agency that blends strategy, creativity, and technology to build demand, engage customers, and grow revenue for our clients. From offices in Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia, and Toronto, we're a team of more than 200 strategists, designers, technologists, media experts, and analysts who are on a mission to change the marketing status quo. We take an integrated approach to serving the entire marketing organization-not only the strategies, content, and programs to create demand but also the infrastructure, operations, and project management required to execute, measure, and optimize for results.
Yesler has continually been recognized as a great place to work. We've earned 19 Best Workplace Awards over the last decade, including Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces, and we were named one of the Top 50 B2B Marketing Agencies by Chief Marketer in 2016 and 2017.
Our mission is to positively impact the people we work with, the people we work for, and the communities we live in. We support our mission by providing an inclusive environment where all are empowered to share their diverse perspectives and experiences, so we can ultimately be better together.
Our policies, practices, programs, activities and decisions regarding employment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, volunteerism, and internships are not based on a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, ancestry, military discharge status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, source of income, parental status, housing status, or other protected status. We strongly encourage women, people of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.