At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Accounting Supervisor to join our Finance organization. Specific responsibilities will include oversight of the orders to cash process (accounts receivable to customer payment application), payroll, fixed assets, unclaimed property and ad hoc special projects and analysis.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a large, system-oriented environment with strong knowledge of accounts receivable and payroll and will be eager to learn, to take on new responsibilities and to find solutions to issues that arise. This position requires a well-organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Oversee orders to cash process
- Oversee payroll processing, including domestic, international and expatriate employees
- Oversee the unclaimed property process
- Oversee accounting for fixed assets, payroll and benefits, accounts receivable, other receivables, cash, unclaimed property, among other things
- Review and approve electronic payments to vendors
- Assist in Treasury Operations including oversight of asset backed loan borrowing base calculation and audit
- Assist in financial risk management including managing foreign currency and fraud risks
- Preparation and/or review of journal entries, reconciliation and analyses of assigned general ledger accounts
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reporting packet schedules and/or presentations
- Analyses and reporting on assigned accounts such as payment processing costs
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred
- Minimum of five years of progressive accounting experience including at least one year in a supervisory role
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls
- Leadership and relationship building skills are essential
- Detail-orientation and ability to take ownership of projects
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (verbal and written) with all levels of management and cross functional teams
- Able to extract, analyze, and review data and make appropriate recommendations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount