Accounts Payable Specialist at Zipwhip
We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
This is a dynamic position in a dynamic company which calls for determination, professional curiosity, and the desire for professional growth. You will gain experience in a high-growth start-up and have opportunities to be recognized for your contributions. We are looking for someone who is results-driven with strong communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to think critically to solve problems. As an Accounts Payable Specialist, this role is responsible for all accounts payable activities and associated financial close tasks. This position reports to the Senior Accounting Manager.
What you'll be working on:
- Handle accounts payable tasks, including coding and entering AP invoices into the ERP, matching POs to invoices, obtaining approvals for invoices
- Handle all vendors correspondence via phone or email
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders
- File, maintain, and distribute accounting documents, records, and reports
- Assist with month-end close tasks including expense accruals and reversals, amortization of pre-paid expenses, depreciation, and allocations, and reconciliations
- Process corporate credit card transactions, including GL coding of credit card expenses
- Reconcile various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate Accounting standards
- Prepare annual 1099 forms for vendors
- Maintain strong professional relationships with departments that are supported by the Finance team
- Perform other duties as required to support the Senior Accountant
The skills you'll need:
- Associate degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- 3-4 years of accounts payable and expense accounting experience with relevant responsibilities, preferably with experience in a fast-growing software and/or startup company
- Advanced Excel competency
- Ability to multi-task
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and enthusiastic problem-solver
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Experience working with NetSuite, Concur, Salesforce preferred
- Must be able to operate in fast paced, rapidly evolving, and data driven organization
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Free on-site (remote for now) weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access which we look forward to returning to post COVID-19 though we maintain a Remote Work Policy.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a weekly Company update meeting (catered weekly lunch when onsite working) hosted by our CEO
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive Company
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.