Accounts Payable Specialist
Smartsheeters truly stand out. It is clear by their attitude and actions that they work for a company that is not only innovative and authentic, but filled with individuals who are supportive, driven and committed to being a part of Smartsheet’s success. Our leadership is comprised of executives with deep experience who are committed to maintaining an environment that promotes personal and professional growth as well as encouraging individuals to take an active role in the vision of the company.
Smartsheet is looking to find an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our growing Accounting Team. In this role, the selected candidate will provide accounts payable support for Smartsheet, an increasingly complex, high-growth SaaS company with expanding international operations.
This position reports to the Corporate Accounting Manager.
- Ensure receipt of all vendor invoices and route for required approvals
- Collect W-9 and remittance information for new vendors
- Set up new vendors in the ERP system
- Code invoices to the proper general ledger account
- Ensure proper three-way match for IT and hard goods purchases
- Ensure proper two or three-way match for services purchases
- Enter vendor invoices and upload copies of the invoice with supporting approvals into Netsuite accounting software
- Promptly answer all vendor inquiries
- Provision Smartsheet expense report process for new hires
- Create and maintain Smartsheet manager expense approval reports
- Maintain all Smartsheet expense reports for existing employees and update with revisions as identified
- Archive Smartsheet expense reports for past employees
- Review approved employee expense reimbursements to ensure compliance with the company’s Travel & Entertainment policy
- Compile approved employee expenses for payroll reimbursement
- Submit bi-monthly expense reimbursement files to payroll
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding status of expense reimbursement(s)
- Maintain Master Vendor Agreement sheet including renewal notifications and cancellation updates
- Other ad hoc projects as requested
- 2+ years relevant work experience
- Well organized, ability to prioritize tasks and provide high-level of accuracy
- Highly proficient with the use of technology for automating and streamlining processes
- Ability to interact with the rest of the team and outside parties and remain professional and flexible while under pressure
- Proficient with MS Office Excel required
- Knowledge of and experience with online accounting software preferred (Netsuite and Coupa highly preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze problems, develop/recommend solutions, and resolve issues
- Great attitude, with a strong desire to learn and improve
- SaaS experience preferred
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.