Accounts Payable Staff Accountant
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for an experienced AP Staff Accountant who is results-driven with strong communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to think critically to solve problems. As part of the Accounting team and reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, the role will be responsible for accounts payable activities and associated financial close tasks for our rapidly growing business.
What's the job really?
- Daily accounts payable tasks, including coding and entering AP invoices into the ERP, matching POs to invoices, obtaining approvals for invoices, weekly check and wire runs, and communicating with vendors.
- Purchase order issuance in compliance with spend authorization policy, including communication with internal budget owners on proper compliance.
- Assist with processing expense reports, including matching receipts, reviewing expenses for reasonableness and adherence to expense policy, verifying appropriate levels of approval, and reviewing coding in the ERP.
- Month-end close tasks, including expense accruals and reversals, amortization of prepaid expenses, depreciation, allocations, and reconciliations.
- Process corporate credit card transactions, including GL coding of credit card expenses.
- Assist with properly tracking fixed assets, including additions, disposals, and depreciation.
- Assist with creating and maintaining lease schedules in compliance with ASC 842.
- Calculate and record referral partner fees.
- Prepare annual 1099 forms for vendors.
- Maintain strong professional relationships with departments that are supported by the finance team.
- Special projects as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 4+ years of accounts payable and expense accounting experience with relevant responsibilities, preferably with experience in fast-growing software and/or startup companies.
- Advanced Excel competency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and enthusiastic problem-solver.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Experience working with NetSuite, Concur, Salesforce preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of the requirements that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to come and go from the work area daily, talk, listen, use a personal computer and telephone, read and understand documents containing text and/or numbers. Heavy computer usage is required for this position.
What we offer:
- Fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices. Note we’ve since moved into an even cooler office (300 Elliot Ave).
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a generous matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to the office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
Being an equal opportunity employer is important to us. We work hard everyday and value an inclusive and diverse team. We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.