The Collections Specialist is an entry level position responsible for supporting accounts receivable functions, including: communication and collection of outstanding receivables, reporting for internal teams, and serving as the point of contact for our customers when it comes to billing. This position has the ability to make an important impact on a small finance team where you will work closely with a variety of team members throughout the company, and have a substantial level of autonomy.
The Finance team is a team of two, responsible for accounting, treasury, and financial planning and analysis at Knock. Beyond core finance responsibilities the team helps drive the company’s operating rhythm to help maintain compliance and administrative reporting. The Accounts Receivable Specialist will work closely with all of these team members and report to the Controller.
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves as consumers: as part of the process for renting an apartment hasn't evolved at the same pace of technology. It was disorganized, time consuming, and frustrating. It seemed landlords were stuck in the past and didn’t understand how to use technology to their advantage. But the problems and solutions seemed obvious to us, and we had a vision for what a better experience should be. After validating our insights with a few early customers (who became investors) we got to work partnering with real estate companies to deliver on turning that vision into reality. Seven years later, we have helped our property management customers find apartments for millions of renters. We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the productivity and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer satisfaction at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards. In March of 2019 we announced we raised a $10m Series A round to continue to accelerate growth and product development, led by Madrona Venture Group:https://www.geekwire.com/2019/madrona-leads-10m-round-knock-crm-communications-service-apartment-landlords/ In January 2020 we were honored to receive recognition as one of Seattle’s Best Small Companies to Work by BuiltIn Seattle:https://www.builtinseattle.com/companies/best-small-places-to-work-seattle-2020 In May 2020 we announced we raised a $12m Series B round to continue on the path of growth, led by Madrona Venture Group, with partners from Lead Edge Capital and Seven Peaks Ventures:https://www.geekwire.com/2020/product-built-times-like-seattle-startup-knock-raises-12m/
To be successful and recognized as a high performer at Knock, you should naturally encompass our core values: Customer Focus, Curiosity, Innovation, Collaboration, Ownership and Community. We take these behaviors seriously and expect everyone to bring a positive Knockstar attitude with them to work every day. At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in exceptional talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been incredibly fortunate to build an amazing team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Day - to - Day
- Manage accounts receivable collections process by monitoring accounts and contacting customers to resolve past due balances
- Track customer communications in regards to collections efforts
- Report on collections progress to the Finance and Leadership teams
- Prepare statements for customers and Account Managers on a periodic basis
- Oversee the billing email inbox and be the main point of contact for customer requests and questions
- Collaborate with other members of the Finance team to provide outstanding customer service to both Knock customers and other Knock departments
- Degree or certificate in Accounting or Finance
- 1-3 years of applicable work experience
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form
- Expertise in MS Office, with an emphasis on Excel
- Basic understanding of Quickbooks
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Firm sense of customer focus, ownership, and persistence
- Self-driven team player who can also work independently
Why You’ll Love It Here
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Flexible time off & paid holidays
- 401k to help you save for the future
- Stock options
- Gym membership at LA Fitness Signature Clubs
- We like to do fun things together! Conferences, off site retreats, and happy hours.
- Parental eave program
- Whatever mode of transportation you use - we got you covered!
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the Knock team
- Plus free lunch on Fridays!
At Knock we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.