In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office has grown from humble beginnings in a 200-square-foot windowless room to our current three-floor home in a downtown skyscraper. Located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square, our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
Our team fully embraces the company motto…”great people do great things.” As part of that, we are looking for a Controller to join us and continue our build out of a rapidly growing finance and accounting function. This role will report directly to the VP of Finance and will be at the forefront of many exciting initiatives on the horizon. All the while working with a fun, energetic team!
- General Ledger/Month-End Close.
- Responsible for the monthly financial statement close process, general ledger, intercompany accounting, and consolidation for multiple domestic and foreign legal entities.
- Own financial statement and department level budget vs. actual preparation and commentary.
- Partner with FP&A function to translate budget vs. actual results into forecasts.
- Maintain and manage compliance with current suite of SOX key processes and controls.
- Oversee the design and operational improvements on current suite of SOX key processes and controls .
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP and relevant tax jurisdictions.
- Manage relationships with external and internal audit teams.
- Institute best practices that leverage system capabilities and reduce manual errors.
- Monitor and refine KPIs to measure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Deliver excellent communications across the organization, both written correspondence and verbal.
- Responsible for writing, reviewing and updating policies and standard operating procedures.
- Lead special projects, analyses and other tasks as appropriate.
- Manage a team of three accountants
- Train, mentor and coach new and current department employees, including the drafting of employee's quarterly feedback
- 7+ years’ experience, including at least 2 years of people management and ideally mix of public accounting and industry
- Experience in a high-growth, high transaction volume accounting function strongly preferred
- Proven success in instituting scalable processes and solutions
- Experience owning the general ledger and producing financial statements
- Proven technical accounting and GAAP experience
- Experience with revenue recognition and contract costs accounting under ASC 606
- Proficiency in designing and improving SOX controls
- Experience managing financial statement and control audits by internal and/or external auditors
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional people management abilities
- Mindset and track record focused on problem solving and continuous improvement
- Strong attention to detail Strong MS Excel skills required
- Experience with multiple accounting ERP systems and/or Oracle ERP a plus
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, accounting or other related discipline is required
- CPA license preferred
- Big 4 or mid-size public accounting firm experience preferred
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.