Corporate Controller at Leafly
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:56 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, August 1, 2019
HELP MAKE HISTORY in one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Leafly is the most trusted brand in cannabis with the largest audience: millions of people around the world start their cannabis journey with Leafly, and it’s because we are not your typical cannabis company. Compliance, education and innovation are equal parts of Leafly’s DNA. We are shaping the global cannabis industry for the better, accessible to all, from the cannabis curious to the everyday consumer, by building the world’s destination for everyone to discover, find and buy cannabis.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, Leafly is the place for you. A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the support and growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment. If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
The Controller is responsible for overseeing all areas of accounting and financial reporting ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting, oversight of the revenue, expense, payroll, and other related accounting processes, and management of the accounting team. The ideal candidate will obsess over US GAAP and assessing the impact of new accounting pronouncements on the business, will have scaled accounting tools and processes in a rapidly growing company, and have demonstrated ability to work well with department leaders throughout the company. Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Establish and document Leafly’s significant accounting policies in accordance with US GAAP
- Own the general ledger within NetSuite and the financial close process ensuring accurate and timely financial reports
- Own consolidation of foreign subsidiaries and management of outside accounting firms in foreign jurisdictions
- Liaison with outside tax service providers to ensure full compliance with all tax regulations as well as planning
- Develop and enforce internal control policies
- Train and develop accounting and finance personnel to meet current and future needs of the business
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 10 years of combined public and private experience; CPA preferred
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP including ASC 606
- Experience with NetSuite and consolidation of foreign subsidiaries
- Working understanding of relevant tax issues
- Experience managing an accounting team in a rapidly growing business
- Experience with a public company preferred
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Read Full Job Description