Director of FP&A at Rover
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:41 a.m. (PST) on Monday, December 23, 2019
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
The Director of FP&A will be responsible for setting the cadence of FP&A and functional reporting across the company. In this role, you will be responsible for partnering with Rover’s many functional and business owners to provide planning leadership, actual vs. budget/forecast analysis, cross-functional partnerships, enterprise budgeting and forecasting and investment tradeoff analysis. The right individual will reach success in this role by leading and mentoring the strong team in place and expanding it to accommodate Rover’s growth and complexity.
Why we’ll hire you:
- You build and lead a world class FP&A team, providing regular feedback and growth/mentorship opportunities
- You lead functional financial performance monitoring and improvement plans by identifying and recommending growth drivers through analytical evaluation
- You work with senior leadership in setting strategic direction for Rover
- You provide key decision support for senior executives across all functional areas
- You set the pace of review through the rhythm of the business - budgeting, forecasting, analyzing and reporting
- You have lead the Annual budgeting and quarterly forecast cadences for companies at scale
- You maintain and communicate business risks/opportunities for Rover
- You partner with Rover management to identify and implement performance improvement initiatives throughout the company - by product, and by function
- You partner with Sr Leaders and run ROI, IRR analysis on cost savings and investment opportunities
- You oversee the preparation of business analysis, trending analysis, and other ad-hoc projects as needed
Your toolset includes:
- Team Leadership and Growth - encourage and support your team to reach their ambitions
- ROI, IRR, NPV and other quantitative tradeoff frameworks
- Three Statement familiarity - The income statement is important, but the Balance Sheet and cash flows need your attention too!
- Experience and a passion for fast paced, high growth companies
- Strong track record of building and managing successful teams
- Experience managing remote teams and working with other corporate finance groups within a large corporation
- Strong quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills
- Passion for using data to drive better decision making
- Ability to build partnerships with all levels of management, cross-functional business partners and with corporate functions
- Excellent presentation and communication with C-level executives
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Math, Statistics, or Business, - the primary thing is you have learned how to think analytically
- 10+ years experience, 6+ managing individuals and driving results with real-world data, preferably in a digital marketplace business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Specifically, you know how to present analytics results to the business in a useful and consumable way. You proactively reach out to management to engage in discussions and share regular updates on the business
- Deep understanding of accounting rules (GAAP), and the impacts to financial forecasting
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description