Director, Global Payroll
Auth0 is a pre-IPO unicorn. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
The Director, Global Payroll is a new role on the Auth0 team. This role oversees our global payroll function and team in a high-growth and fast-paced environment. You will blend global payroll strategy with hands-on execution to create a proactive and customer service oriented payroll department.
What You Will Do
- Ensure an always accurate, timely, and complete payroll process
- Oversee worldwide payroll service delivery while managing cross-functional teams responsible for comprehensive payroll activities from onboarding to payroll service delivery
- Drive quality and innovation by managing and working with internal Global Payroll team and external payroll partners to drive accuracy, accountability, timeliness and optimization
- Create and maintain company-wide payroll processes to effectively track payroll activities such as review of leave of absence payments, retroactive payments, commissions, bonuses, new hires, termination payments, expense reports, and any other payroll additions, constantly identifying best practices and driving continuous improvement
- Lead the creation of training materials and provide training, coaching and assistance internally for international payroll processes
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all data reporting and payroll transactions through the creation and maintenance of validation reports, procedures and global metrics
- Consistently drive improvements and innovation solutions
- Ensure supported employee payroll tax filings are completed in a timely manner according to local legislation
- Research and develop strong risk management procedures to ensure payroll accuracy based on regulatory changes and/or audit results on a global scale
- Develop and maintain a strategic and coordinated approach for solving business critical country-specific regulatory requirements and compliance requests
- Drive standardization and automation of processes globally while adapting for regional efforts within global process initiatives
- Maximize the effectiveness of technologies and supporting processes to drive continuous improvement and scalable initiatives
- Implement and maintain internal controls and procedures to ensure compliance with multi-national wage laws and regulations
- Ensure relentless focus on data integrity and protection by regularly recommending proactive actions to prevent payroll discrepancies
- Proactively analyze payroll-related practices and new legislation to ensure that payroll operations follow the statutory requirements of the respective geographies of operation
- Establish and maintain competency in the area of international employment, payroll and PEO (Professional Employment Organization)
- Partner with cross-functional teams and review all communications including but not limited to global regulations, payroll, employment tax and expense reimbursement compliance, and complex compensation packages
- Generate reports for cross-departmental analysis and review
What You Bring
- 10+ years experience in payroll delivery
- 3+ years of global payroll management experience
- Experience in a high-growth technology company strongly preferred
- CPP certification a plus
- Proven experience in leading, training, and developing a high-performing payroll team
- Experience working with ADP is desirable
- Experience in setting up payroll requirements for new legal entities
- Foreign currency exchange experience
- Ability to maintain a strict level of confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion, sound judgment, and diplomacy
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders; consultative and collaborative style that allows for influence without authority
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Analytical ability with experience and insights in reporting for executive audiences
- Proven track record of achieving results in a matrixed, time sensitive environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative and hands-on environment, seamlessly moving between strategy and execution
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication
- Ability to travel approximately 10%
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description