Director, Revenue Enablement at Skilljar
Skilljar is seeking an experienced leader for our Revenue Enablement efforts and help us build the Skilljar rocketship. As Director Revenue Enablement, you will provide Revenue teams with the learning materials, content, and resources to drive growth and success. Partnering with the sales and customer success teams and broader enablement team, you will develop and execute impactful solutions for redefining the customer journey and improving the overall effectiveness of our Revenue resources.
Additionally, the Director of Revenue Enablement function will act as an integrating role between sales development product marketing, content marketing, field marketing, and finance. This position will lead the Revenue enablement initiatives for all of the Revenue roles to improve productivity and support our Revenue transformation.
We’re looking for a motivated, process-oriented self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating growth-stage startup that has hundreds of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.Are you?
- A leader; you encourage your team, as well as cross-functional partners.
- A coach; you care deeply about the success of your reps and managers providing mentorship which displays that no task is too small for you.
- A quantitative process thinker; you recognize the importance of using numbers to make decisions, are comfortable testing/optimizing, view productivity as a combination of process/technology, and understand how to implement campaigns/programs
- A communicator; you’re authentic, a specialist at addressing issues in a way that leads to increased engagement, and you're great at celebrating wins/progress
- An executor; you have a bias for action and are known for proactively solving problems.
- Establish metrics and objectives for sales enablement and make recommendations for improving sales productivity.
- Map our sales process with our customer’s buying process to understand and enhance what skills, knowledge, process, and tools are required by our sales force to increase velocity and conversion rates at each stage in those processes.
- Develop and lead the 12-18 month Revenue Enablement roadmap.
- Create and update playbooks based on seller feedback and shifting market demands.
- Help create a development program for frontline managers to ensure they have the skills, knowledge, processes, and tools required to lead their sales teams effectively.
- Roll out a comprehensive onboarding program through direct and third-party resources in tight collaboration with HR.
- Partner with sales leadership and HR to establish a sales competency and assessment framework to ensure that the needs of salespeople, and their managers, are met.
- Drive, in a measurable way, significant sales productivity increases for the company’s Revenue roles.
- Participate in the selection and implementation/deployment of technologies to be used by Revenue resources to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Regularly spend time in the field with managers and individual contributors to understand the “field reality” and build enablement results to meet their needs.
- Work with Revenue leadership to develop, execute, optimize and assess enablement program.
- Provide effective onboarding and training programs for sales reps.
- Use performance data to identify knowledge or skill gaps across the sales team.
- Help build a fun, high energy environment - even in a virtual world!
- 5+ years experience in a high-performance sales organization in sales, enablement, or learning and development (preferably in enterprise SaaS).
- Experience with content management and learning management systems.
- Able to build internal relationships with sales and marketing.
- Able to build a scalable, sustainable, high-performance culture for remote, phone and email-based, teams.
- Direct Field Sales and Field Sales Management experience and proven track record required (quota carrying).
- Experience creating and implementing successful sales process/methodology/ sales playbook initiatives.
- Ability to create and track metrics that demonstrate constant increases in sales productivity.
- Experience with funnel metrics and pipeline dynamics in Commercial and Enterprise B2B buying cycles.
- Proven track record to ramp Revenue resources over time in a systematic way - development of a training program focused on product, process & selling skills.
- Experience selling into mid-market B2B companies strongly preferred (5 or 6 digit annual contracts, consultative solution selling through partner committees).
- Excellent working knowledge of inbound & outbound prospecting technologies, tools, and managed services vendors.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Arizona.