Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
You are eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as a member of the People Team. As a part of the People Team, you will be responsible for the day to day operational and administrative activities for Convoy’s equity program including employee education, processing, recordkeeping, and reporting.
The People Team values diversity, equity, and inclusion and believes promoting these values is essential to a successful team and building a positive culture. We seek a candidate who shares in our priorities and believes in promoting these values in their work.
- Manage the transition of Convoy’s non-public equity plans to a public company plan, including managing the RFP process and potential transition to a new equity administration platform.
- Manage the day-to-day administration of equity compensation programs, including, but not limited to, equity budget management and forecasting, ensuring Convoy’s cap table is current and accurate and processing and supporting grant, vesting, exercise, settlement, termination, and cancellation activity.
- Manage, process and administer stock options, restricted stock units (RSUs) and any other appropriate plans/awards.
- Educate employees on Convoy’s equity program by developing and maintaining communications systems, responding to specific questions, driving regular Q&A sessions, and preparing training materials and leading employee training sessions as needed.
- Support efforts to grow and scale the equity administration function through automation, process improvement, and partnership with service providers.
- Process monthly/quarterly/yearly equity-related reconciliations
- Prepare summary reports and perform forecast modeling scenarios for shares available, participant vesting, etc.
- Provide information, reports and adhoc interactions to other teams including (Tax, HR, Payroll, Legal, Accounting)
- Ensure appropriate controls and processes are in place for the ongoing administration and auditing of the plans, while managing operational risk and ensuring accuracy of equity plan data.
- Work with the Chief People Officer, CFO, Legal, Finance team and HR operations team to ensure all plans are managed effectively.
- Serve as the main point of contact for employee questions related to Convoy’s equity programs.
- Interface with plan participants and maintain resource and documentation on the Company’s intranet for existing staff and new hires.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal business partners and employees.
- Support ad-hoc system projects, experience with Workday a plus
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience of managing and administering complex equity plans.
- Adept in stock plan administration for a public company, including stock options, RSUs and understanding filing requirements.
- Proven track record with public companies, specifically developing materials for Board presentation and disclosure.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and sound judgment at all times.
- Experience interfacing with senior leaders and plan participants.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be extremely organized and able to multitask, a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- Certified equity professional preferred
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!