Financial Analyst - OpEx at Remitly
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $8 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We're looking for a Financial Analyst to join Remitly’s Financial Planning & Analysis team. As a key member of our team, you are passionate about measuring data and building partnerships across the business. You have a growth mindset, always looking for new ways to improve and streamline processes. Your recommendations are grounded in the data, but you have the ability to synthesize both quantitative and qualitative insights. You are a strategic thinker who will help us manage our costs while making the right decisions for the business.
You accomplish this by wearing many hats, including diving into the data, building models to track and organize large amounts of data, driving continuous process improvement, and partnering with stakeholders to drive expense accountability and investment decisions. Your work will directly drive strategic decision making and contribute to our goal of building a world-class finance team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with leaders across the organization to provide transparency into cost center performance and variance analysis on a monthly basis.
- Own the annual budgeting and forecasting process for operating expenses.
- Manage headcount planning and maintenance across the organization, ensuring all costs are properly tracked and reflected in the appropriate cost centers.
- Support the implementation of a financial planning tool, specifically to support headcount and operating expenses.
- Perform ad hoc analysis to support decision making
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting
- 2-3 years of professional experience in a financial analysis role
- Deep familiarity with data manipulation using tools such as Excel
- Experience using a planning tool
- Self-starter with a knack for streamlining process; eager to learn, ability to be flexible in constantly changing and growing business
- Skilled in analyzing, organizing, and presenting data in a simple format
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a data-driven mindset
- Excellent business partnership skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience with headcount and operating expense planning would be a plus
Who we are:
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $8 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers’ PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation