In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,450 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook's News team is seeking a financial writer to help cover the private markets for our daily news coverage. This reporter will keep abreast of industry-shaping trends and major news developments, help curate and write our daily newsletter and contribute to our expanding coverage of venture capital and private equity.
PitchBook News is the essential source of timely industry insights. Every day, we publish authoritative and engaging content that leverages our proprietary reporting and assets in data and research.
As a team, we pride ourselves on being endlessly curious and building a collaborative, reader-focused culture driven toward excellence.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Monitor daily news developments across the venture capital and private equity industries
- Collaborate with news writers and editors to curate daily news content and select top news stories
- Write headline news articles and newsletter briefs on daily deadlines
- Write data-driven articles and analytical trend-focused pieces using PitchBook's best-in-class datasets and industry research
- Build and cultivate a network of industry sources
- Cover major conferences or other relevant industry events in person when possible
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of news writing experience, with a focus on finance or business news preferred
- Ability to report and write clear and compelling news articles and other content with minimal editing required
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and file news reports under deadline pressure
- Knowledge and interest in the financial markets and the economy
- Competence in data journalism and an ability to think about stories visually
- Experience writing about technology and finance is highly desirable
- Passion for technology, business and the markets
- Excellent communication skills in a fast-moving team setting
- Ability to interview newsmakers and develop a network of sources
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite, including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily