Financial Operations Specialist
The Financial Operations Specialist is responsible for activities necessary for the timely and accurate processing of sales quotes and sales orders, including resolving issues that prevent quotes and orders from being processed. Additionally, the Sales Administration Specialist is responsible for ensuring that quotes and orders comply with company policies, performing reviews to detect potential order errors, and identifying opportunities for order related system and process improvements.
- Resolve issues that prevent sales quotes and sales orders from being processed
- Document order administration policies, procedures, and controls
- Ensure that order administration policies, procedures, and controls are consistently enforced
- Obtain necessary approvals to make exceptions to established order administration policies and procedures
- Provide timely responses to order inquiries from external and internal constituents
- Perform reviews and complete other activities to detect potential order related errors
- Correct order related errors and take necessary actions to prevent similar errors from recurring
- Make recommendations for changes to order administration processes that strengthen internal controls
- Identify opportunities to improve the accuracy and efficiency of the CRM system – Salesforce
- Publish reports that provide sales leaders and other managers with real-time order status information
- Help administer the system used to configure, price, and generate sales quotes – PROS
- Provide input regarding order administration processes for new products and business activities
- Assist with revenue forecasts, performance measurement, and other ad hoc analysis
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in a sales administration role for a company with annual revenues of at least $100 million – experience with SaaS, subscription, or other recurring revenue businesses a plus
- Thorough understanding of sales administration procedures and systems – ideally in a high-volume environment
- Hands-on experience with at least one major CRM system – preferably Salesforce – and at least one major ERP system – preferably NetSuite
- Track record for meeting deadlines
- Familiarity with internal controls in a sales operation administration context
- Aptitude for identifying and implementing process improvements
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Service oriented with a collaborative approach toward problem-solving
- Proficient using Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.