Financial Systems Software Architect - New Initiatives
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We’re looking for a lead architect with experience designing and scaling financial systems, including building ledger systems, integrating with core banking system APIs, as well as understanding the full financial services software stack. You work to understand the nuances, complexities, and approaches of different solutions. You work well independently while also valuing and inviting technical expertise of your peers - knowing it can produce superior results. You are flexible and understand the trade-offs of different models, but decisiveness enough to move forward with speed. You are able to identify unspoken technical needs. And you know how to communicate your designs effectively to the engineers partnering to build the services.
What We Offer
- A focused, scrappy, motivated core team
- Real autonomy
- An environment filled with passionate and driven individuals who will challenge your thinking, motivate, and push you
- Some bigco perks like the camaraderie of a larger team and beautiful office space in downtown Seattle (with free snacks and nitro stumptown cold brew!), without the bigco bureaucracy and limited scope and impact
- Competitive salary, stock options, unlimited PTO, an Orca transit card, subsidized parking, medical/dental/vision/disability, 401(k), and more.
- 5+ years of building production-quality software products
- A solid understanding of software development practices, design patterns and CS concepts
- Proven track record of shipping code
- Comfort building, shipping, and maintaining services and systems on AWS
- Entrepreneurs or product people in early stage startups
- Proficiency in customer development
- Fintech experience
- Fluency in languages beyond English
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify employer.