Head of Corporate FP&A at OfferUp
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
Are you a customer-focused Finance leader who wants to work at one of Seattle’s most successful startups? OfferUp is seeking a Head of Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) who is passionate about building out a world class FP&A function.
The Head of Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) will be the leader responsible for the overall management of the financial planning & analysis function for the company. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this individual will own the budgeting, planning and analytical decision support capabilities of the finance organization. He/she will be expected to work across the company, demonstrating strong business partnering with sales, marketing, IT, engineering, business operations, product, customer service and the business development functions. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, strategic thinker, strong analytical leader with a proven track record of success in finance leadership roles. The position will be based in Bellevue, WA.
- Reports to Chief Financial Officer
- Direct reports: a growing FP&A team
- Other key relationships: the Executive Team, department heads and other executives
Here’s more of what you’ll get to do:
- Support the CFO and the Exec Team to lead and build a best-in-class FP&A program and organization, offering a comprehensive planning and analysis process. Maintain a culture of rigorous and disciplined financial analysis relying on data to support business decisions.
- Help the CFO with fundraising, investor relations and board presentations. Build, enhance and maintain strategic financial models and 3-statement models with cash flow analytics to support the company treasury function.
- Identify areas of margin improvement and optimization of OfferUp’s resources and investment
- Build trusted relationships with the Exec Team in order to identify and provide counsel on key opportunities and risks across the organization, as identified through a comprehensive and impact-oriented FP&A process.
- Prepare management reports for the Exec Team and other company leaders that monitor ongoing performance against financial goals. Lead periodic planning meetings with key executives. Interpret the business implications behind analyses of data and communicate those implications to relevant business leaders. Ensure follow through with implementation of decisions.
- Lead financial, monthly and long-range planning and work with the business operations organization on performance analysis, and analytics across the company. Enhance and maintain long-term strategic plan and investor models.
- Hire the best, develop and build, along with the CFO, an FP&A organization recognized as a business partner across OfferUp. Ensure that sufficient resources, tools and processes are in place to scale a world-class team with the right people, process, and technology supporting their efforts.
- Produce accurate and insightful financial projections and driver-based models that help the organization execute, achieve and exceed the financial goals
- Build a best-in-class FP&A organization and planning process that ensures OfferUp's comprehensive planning and analysis program delivers on Exec Team, board and investor expectations
- Build trusted and advisory partnerships with the Exec Team and key business leaders, leading to a stronger and more analytically-driven planning process as well as deeper insights to inform strategy and business decisions.
- Integrate effectively with the finance organization, impacting and furthering OfferUp's result oriented and high impact people and customer-obsessed culture
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 10-15+ years of professional experience in finance roles, including substantial experience in FP&A, including leadership of the overall FP&A function or divisional business unit for a company of at least $300 million in total revenues at some point of his/her career
- High-energy, hands-on leadership, capable of driving speed, discipline throughout the organization so all deliverables are met in time with high quality. Comfortable working hard, earning respect while building reputation for achievements as a team player.
- Neighborly with colleagues without an ego
- Adaptable in a dynamic, fluid startup environment and having the ability to adapt quickly when facing challenges
- Highly intellectually capable with extreme analytical horsepower and the ability to sort through complex issues and translate/communicate them in a clear, concise manner
- Have a Backbone and the ability to challenge the norms and processes and relentlessly look for ways to add value and to position the organization for success
- The ability to persuade others and achieve excellence and to foster an environment of openness and teamwork
- Strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to attract, retain and develop exceptional finance talent
- The ideal candidate brings strong finance leadership experience in both large-scale, complex companies and smaller, dynamic start-up environments. He/she has seen scale but has also experienced a scrappy, fast-moving startup environment.
- Industry experience in technology is highly preferred, with a preference for internet, consumer, retail, e-commerce and subscription based business. Other services and subscription-based B2B businesses may also be of interest.
- Demonstrated experience in building infrastructure and teams, and driving business results from the finance organization, leading to measurable improvement in the company’s capabilities and financial performance.
Helpful, but not required:
- High-growth startup experience
- MBA and undergraduate degree in finance and/or accounting and an advanced business degree and/or C.P.A. are preferred.
- Prior experience in investment banking, finance, public accounting, or strategy/management consulting would be a plus.
- Familiarity with SQL
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.