Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis at Blue Nile
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are among the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and highly quantitative Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A). This position will be integral in helping to lead, quantify and validate operating and strategic initiatives that contribute to the overall financial success of the organization. The position will provide support to the Senior Director of FP&A and CFO, as well as the executive leadership team, by assisting with reporting, modeling, budgeting/forecasting and other projects as needed. The successful candidate will have a passion for diving deep into data to identify trends and draw conclusions. This candidate will also possess exceptional partnership and communication skills and will routinely make recommendations to executive management and functional leads.
- Provide insightful financial analysis to support company-wide strategic and operational initiatives
- Develop models, analytical frameworks and projections to inform decision making
- Establish and report on key financial & operating metrics. Proactively create new metrics and reports as needed
- Develop the annual budget and periodic reforecasts, including revenue, margins and operating expenses. Partner with budget owners to develop resource needs while working within the framework of the company’s financial objectives
- Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly and annual results providing detailed analyses that draw relevant and meaningful conclusions and highlight problem areas
- Assist with preparations for executive and Board of Director meetings
- Numerous ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Finance, or related fields, or equivalent years’ experience.
- 5+ years of accounting and/or finance experience, preferably in a fast paced, high growth company. Retail and e-commerce experience a plus
- Superior Excel skills required, including the ability to manipulate large sets of data and develop complex models
- Experience working with SQL, Tableau and Oracle Hyperion, Essbase or PBCS a plus
- Possess a firm understanding of Financial Statements including Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow. Working knowledge of accounting principles & US GAAP.
- Ability to work independently and think creatively. Self-motivated with creative problem solving skills.
- Intellectually curious; driven to understand data and relationships
- Strong business acumen; ability to see the big picture and to understand and solve for strategic objectives
- Strong and effective communication skills; ability to prioritize and maintain accuracy in a dynamic environment
- Ability to develop relationships across the organization, working cross functionally to get results
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount