Payroll Specialist at Blue Nile
Blue Nile a leading online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success. Blue Nile offers a reimbursement program for those who would like to pursue their CPA license.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Payroll Specialist to be a key contributor to our Finance organization. The position has an emphasis on payroll, employee benefits and equity compensation duties including but not limited to processing of domestic and international payroll, accounting for and analyses of salaries and benefits expense, and assistance with and accounting for equity-based compensation. This position will also support other ad hoc projects. We’re looking for a candidate who is highly detail-oriented, has the ability to process large volumes of data, is a self-starter who possesses exceptional organization and communication skills, and has a passion for our business.
- Compile, analyze, prepare, and input payroll related information into payroll system for domestic and international employees, ensuring accurate and timely processing.
- Resolve problems and respond to inquiries related to payroll earnings, deductions and tax withholding.
- Assist the HR team with managing equity compensation as well as the long term incentive plan.
- Assist in managing the 401(k) and workers compensation audits.
- Researches tax issues and prepares tax filings for workers’ compensation and any special information requested for external parties/auditors.
- Serve as a liaison between employees and our domestic and international payroll providers.
- Perform monthly payroll close duties, including recording journal entries and preparing account reconciliations for period-end accruals and payroll and employee benefit-related expenses.
- At least three years of payroll processing experience required
- Associate Degree in Accounting or relevant coursework, preferred
- Ability to multi-task and process high volumes of data within established time frame
- Ability to interact professionally across all departments and functionalities within the organization
- Ability to research and resolve complex payroll and employee benefits issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of Oracle or similar ERP system preferred
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount