Pricing Analyst at Blue Nile
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are among the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
Inside of Blue Nile, we are working to push the envelope in terms of using data to drive business decisions across our Merchandising, Marketing, Pricing and other functions. There are tons of insights to be found in our ~20 years of data, just waiting to be put into practice.
The central Analytics Team at Blue Nile has a mix of two missions: 1) provide clean and timely data and reporting to unlock best-in-class analytics in the rest of the organization, and 2) tackle really, really hard analytical challenges, for example: What is our price elasticity? Given the traffic and spend over the past few weeks, what should next week’s revenue be? What impact did marketing have last week? This role is more concerned with the latter of those two missions, with a particular focus on our pricing.
This Pricing Analyst role will initially report to the VP of Analytics. Your focus will be on our diamond and jewelry pricing, including reporting, managing our pricing systems, and monitoring and managing our diamond pricing itself. You will provide best-in-class service to our internal partners in the Merchandizing team, and help translate business questions into hypotheses, into analyses, into insights, into recommendations, into results and measurement.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (computer science, economics, statistics, applied math, etc.)
- 3+ years full time experience in an analytically based function (e.g. quantitative marketing, analytics)
- Experience with SQL and business intelligence tools (Tableau preferred) is required
- Strong data presentation, visualization and communication skills
- Familiarity with statistical programming languages and packages (SAS, SPSS, R, Python)
- Effective at communicating insights from data analysis
- Strong attention to detail, along with organization and time management skills
- Self-starter who desires to discover trends and find actionable information
- Ability to take initiative and act independently