Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
When you see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
You are eager to get your foot in the door at one of the hottest startups in the country. You are passionate about winning and excited by the opportunity to make an immediate (and material) impact on the success of the business.
Working on the Pricing Operations team, you will be responsible for building tools, support structures, and processes that will help lead to better business decisions. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. You'll bring the enthusiasm and aptitude necessary to get the job done!
- Guide Convoy’s expansion through pricing and lane selection strategy
- Support Shipper Sales and Account Management teams by executing against strategic pricing requests and RFPs
- Actively engage with Carrier Sales to maintain current knowledge of market rates
- Monitor buying power, automation, and other key performance metrics on core lanes of the Convoy marketplace
- Work closely with pricing product teams to ensure model improvements/efficiencies
- Lead ad hoc quantitative deep dives and provide actionable insights to the business
- Build and maintain trackers, databases, and models related to pricing activities
- Identify, track, and report on key metrics related to pricing activity
- Collaborate with existing Pricing Operations team to conceptualize, define, and implement the future state of pricing at Convoy
- Partner with world-class product and engineering teams to design tools and infrastructure that support ambitious scale
- Bring energy, passion and a positive attitude
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain, or related field
- 2-4 years professional/business experience
- Strong analytical skills – moderate/advanced Excel, good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics; Experience writing/understanding SQL queries a plus
- Ability/willingness to communicate to internal and external stakeholders as well senior executives
- Business process mapping skills and ability to optimize for operational efficiencies
- Superior organizational and time management skills; Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication and keen attention to detail
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a fast-scaling business, we'd love to hear from you!