Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
You are eager to get your foot in the door at one of the hottest startups in the country. You are passionate about winning and excited by the opportunity to make an immediate (and material) impact on the success of the business.
Working on the Pricing Operations team, you will be responsible for building tools, support structures, and processes that will help lead to better business decisions. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. You'll bring the enthusiasm and aptitude necessary to get the job done!
- Guide Convoy’s expansion through pricing and lane selection strategy
- Support Shipper Sales and Account Management teams by executing against strategic pricing requests and RFPs
- Actively engage with Carrier Sales to maintain current knowledge of market rates
- Monitor buying power, automation, and other key performance metrics on core lanes of the Convoy marketplace
- Work closely with pricing product teams to ensure model improvements/efficiencies
- Lead ad hoc quantitative deep dives and provide actionable insights to the business
- Build and maintain trackers, databases, and models related to pricing activities
- Identify, track, and report on key metrics related to pricing activity
- Collaborate with existing Pricing Operations team to conceptualize, define, and implement the future state of pricing at Convoy
- Partner with world-class product and engineering teams to design tools and infrastructure that support ambitious scale
- Bring energy, passion and a positive attitude
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain, or related field
- 2-4 years professional/business experience
- Strong analytical skills – moderate/advanced Excel, good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics; Experience writing/understanding SQL queries a plus
- Ability/willingness to communicate to internal and external stakeholders as well senior executives
- Business process mapping skills and ability to optimize for operational efficiencies
- Superior organizational and time management skills; Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication and keen attention to detail
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!