Pricing Operations Associate
Recently named “Startup of the Year” and “Best Companies to Work for 2018”, Convoy is a rapidly growing freight marketplace that uses technology to revolutionize the $800 Billion domestic trucking industry. We're backed by Google, Greylock, Y Combinator, T. Rowe Price, and founders of Uber, Amazon, LinkedIn, and Dropbox to name a few, and we’re laser focused on improving efficiency for shippers, carriers, and the industry at large. Our team is comprised of the best in their fields, and we’re seeking A+ talent to help us build the future of freight.
What we do
Convoy is a truckload marketplace that offers shipments to trucking companies through our free mobile app. The result is a fast, hassle-free user experience for both shippers and carriers. Shippers get industry-leading transportation services and greater visibility into their supply chain. Carriers are able to grow their businesses and manage their fleets more effectively, while enjoying unique benefits such as automated detention and free quick pay.
You are eager to get your foot in the door at one of the hottest startups in the country. You are passionate about winning and excited by the opportunity to make an immediate (and material) impact on the success of the business.
Working on the Pricing Operations team, you will be responsible for building tools, support structures, and processes that will help lead to better business decisions. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. You'll bring the enthusiasm and aptitude necessary to get the job done!
You will help drive:
- Guide Convoy’s expansion through pricing and lane selection strategy
- Support Shipper Sales and Account Management teams by executing against strategic pricing requests and RFPs
- Actively engage with Carrier Sales to maintain current knowledge of market rates
- Monitor buying power, automation, and other key performance metrics on core lanes of the Convoy marketplace
- Lead ad hoc quantitative deep dives and provide actionable insights to the business
- Build and maintain trackers, databases, and models related to pricing activities
- Identify, track, and report on key metrics related to pricing activity
- Collaborate with existing Pricing Operations team to conceptualize, define, and implement the future state of pricing at Convoy
- Partner with world-class product and engineering teams to design tools and infrastructure that support ambitious scale
- Bring energy, passion and a positive attitude
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain, or related field
- 2-4 years professional/business experience
- Strong analytical skills – moderate/advanced Excel, good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics
- Experience writing SQL queries a plus
- Business process mapping skills and ability to optimize for operational efficiencies
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication and keen attention to detail
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a fast-scaling business, we'd love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description