You: You are a self-motivated accountant who contributes to the accounting policies, procedures, processes related to the revenue cycles for Apptio, Inc. This position will allow you to quickly grow into a position of business partner where you will be looked upon for guidance from an accounting and operational standpoints. You have knowledge of U.S. GAAP and experience with revenue accounting operations, reporting, systems, and controls. You will report to the Senior Revenue Manager and interact with other accounting groups, finance, sales operations, sales finance, sales, marketing, and legal teams.
As part of the revenue accounting team, you will have insights to the front line of sales and product management, a unique experience within the accounting function.
Us: We are an awesome group of individuals within the Controllership organization. We strive to do great work but have fun at the same time.
What we want you to do:
- Enter sales orders from SFDC and update in our ERP, NetSuite
- Primary point of contact for technology line of business in all aspects of sales order process
- Work with Sales Operations team to ensure sales orders are entered timely and accurately into our financial system
- Monitor, reconcile and analyze revenue and deferred revenue related accounts
- Participate in development and documentation of policies and procedures
- Support and improve month, quarter, and year-end processes and reporting
- Assist in providing support and schedules for external and internal audits
- Manage special projects and perform duties as required
- Support adoption of the new revenue accounting standard
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 1-3+ years accounting or related experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong computer skills, including thorough knowledge Microsoft office products
- Organized and detail oriented
- Industry experience with specialization in software and/or SaaS companies
- Multinational company experience a plus
- Ability to establish and build effective and cooperative working relationships with business partners (sales, marketing, executive team, product management and engineering, etc.)
- Experience with business applications such as NetSuite, SalesForce a plus
- Potential to grow with the company and take on more responsibilities
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k, and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.