At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook's Revenue Accountant is responsible for proper revenue recognition in PitchBook's financial statements through execution of detailed testing, analytical procedures, and SOX controls. The role includes many general ledger related areas, including reconciliations, accruals and month/quarter end close.
At PitchBook, employees are our customers, and customers are king! The Finance team as a whole handles everything "money" from accounting, quote to cash, accounts payable, employee expense processing, payroll, tax compliance, and budgeting for our fast paced and growing company. The team supports the responsible growth of PitchBook by providing actionable insights on the company's financial health, all while working with a fun, energetic team!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Own the month-end close of revenue, deferred revenue and unbilled revenue
- Own the monthly calculation and reconciliation of the allowance for bad debt
- Maintain monthly deferred revenue schedules
- Assist in quarterly and year-end audit procedures, including audit requests
- Support revenue forecasting process on a monthly basis
- Execute and document SOX controls, including testing deferred and unbilled revenue, data entry, and billing accuracy
- Identify, design and implement process and system improvement initiatives to automate and streamline the recognition and reconciliation of revenue
- Other duties and special projects as required
- Support the vision and values of the company by setting an example and demonstrating desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 - 4 years of experience in public accounting or related industry experience required
- CPA designation preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and working knowledge of revenue recognition arrangements is required
- SaaS revenue recognition understanding, and exposure preferred
- Experience with Salesforce, Oracle and Blackline systems is a plus
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel and manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills and the ability to write clearly and concisely
- Quick learner, ability to identify issues and resolve problems.
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Organizational skills and detail-orientated self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Aptitude to identify opportunities to leverage technology to drive process efficiency
- Experience with SOX controls, including the design and operation of controls, understanding of mitigating controls and procedures is required
- Proficiency with MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.