Revenue Accountant at Axon
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As Axon’s Revenue Accountant, you will be part of a highly collaborative team which partners with Sales Operations to ensure the monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue numbers are complete and accurate. You will join an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for you who share this passion. Come work with us in a dynamic environment in which you’ll use your passion, technical experience, and strong problem-solving skills.
Your Day to Day
- You will review and summarize customer arrangements with non-standard terms for proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards
- You will prepare and book journal entries to ensure the appropriate revenue and cost treatments
- You will identify Multiple-Element Arrangements, and perform revenue allocations in accordance with GAAP
- You will interact with the Sales team and assist with pre- and post-sales support for revenue recognition on deals, which may include quote review and assistance
- You will perform monthly revenue related tasks and analysis including monthly revenue close process and reconciliations related to deferred revenue accounts
- You will ensure the integrity of key processes by understanding systems, flow of transactions, internal controls and recommending efficiency and effectiveness improvements
- You will support all internal and external audit activities, including SOX Compliance
- You will assist with special projects as assigned
- You will bring a fresh viewpoint to help identify ways to improve the processes and efficiency as we move through a phase of rapid growth and technology change
- There will be some late nights and weekends as part of this dynamic and dedicated team
- Bachelor or higher degree in Business Administration or Financial Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation, or ability to qualify, preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of accounting and analysis experience, revenue a plus
- Recent public accounting experience or revenue experience with a publicly-traded company highly desirable
- Knowledge of accounting for Multiple-Element Arrangements
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills are required for frequent interaction with financial and non-financial management
- Superb attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team setting
- Concern for quality and deadlines
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- Be a part of a company that is making a difference in the world
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.