Revenue Accounting Manager
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Revenue Accounting Manager that would be responsible for the revenue accounting operations and serve as the subject matter expert for billing processes and systems to ensure that downstream revenue reporting is accurate and compliant with GAAP. This position will report to the Corporate Controller.
What's the job really?
- Responsible for all revenue accounting operations, including the approval of sales orders, invoicing and collections, revenue recognition, reconciliation of deferred revenue and accrued revenue, and revenue analysis.
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of 2-3 Staff and Senior Accountants.
- Design, implement and document scalable revenue accounting processes.
- Lead the monthly close process ensuring accurate and timely results are delivered for reporting in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensure ongoing process compliance with internal controls and accounting policies.
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure consistent understanding of billing and sales processes.
- Assist with annual audit and ad hoc projects.
What you bring to the table:
- BA/BS with a concentration in Accounting.
- Deep understanding of GAAP, especially ASC 606.
- 6+ years of accounting experience with relevant responsibilities, preferably with experience in a fast-growing software and/or startup company.
- Experience supervising direct reports.
- Advanced Excel competency.
- Extraordinary critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to present findings both in-person and in-writing at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a dynamic, rapidly evolving, and data-driven organization.
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.