Revenue Analyst at Apptio
You: You are a high energy individual with the ability to manage large workloads, prioritize effectively, communicate clearly and deliver results. You are a self-starter who can work well with all levels of the cross-functional teams and handle large amounts data to create insightful reporting. You have experience in fast paced environment, ideally working in Finance or Accounting or providing financial /analytical support to business groups.
Us: We are a growing Financial Planning & Analysis team. The goals of the team include leading the annual budgeting process, maintaining an accurate financial forecast, and providing reporting and ad-hoc analytics for our business partners and the Apptio executive team. This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in the finance team of a high-growth, publicly traded technology company.
What we want you to do:
This role will be responsible for owning the day-to-day operations of all processes related to revenue forecasting. You will work closely with Sales, Accounting, Financial Reporting, Customer Success and the Executive Leadership team to understand key business drivers and how they impact our revenue forecast. Your role is critical to the planning and operations of the company as key business decisions will be made based on your work. This is a highly visible role and your work will have impact across many key stakeholders. You will perform monthly and quarterly close duties including but not limited to analyzing bookings, performing budget-to-actual reviews and updating our revenue forecast within our planning tool. You will also analyze trends and provide guidance to business partners and executives.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- 2-3 years of work experience in Finance and/or Accounting, preferably in the technology or software industry
- Strong analytical skills and financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models
- Strong communication skills and customer service; adaptable to different work styles and personalities. Comfortable working with senior business leaders.
- Solid understanding of revenue recognition rules (ASC 606)
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions, experience with Access a plus
- Solid understanding of SAAS business models, with an emphasis on revenue
- Good business acumen and ability to operate in ambiguous environments
- Strong understanding of the key financial reports (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement) and their inherent relationships and dependencies
- Working knowledge of NetSuite, Adaptive and Salesforce
- Willingness to occasionally work a flexible schedule
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k, and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.