Senior Accountant, Revenue at Remitly
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
Remitly’s Customer Transaction Accounting Program (CTAP) is core to our business. We oversee all the accounting and reconciliation for every customer transaction, globally, that runs through our systems. Reporting to the CTAP Accounting Manager, you contribute to the company’s financial statements, investigating money movement across Remitly’s products, managing curated datasets and reporting.
What you’ll do:
- Apply technical accounting knowledge on the Order to Cash process, which includes proper accounting and analyses of revenue, cost of sales, cash, customer incentives, customer receivables and liabilities, foreign exchange transactions, and reserves
- Support the month-end close process of creating and booking Journal Entries, analysis of trends and variances to expected outcomes, and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Work with FP&A and Treasury teams to ensure completeness and accuracy of accounts
- Manage large projects and analysis to ensure account balances are complete and accurate by establishing a framework to track and resolve issues
- Help conduct technical accounting research and draft technical documentation working collaboratively with internal partners to determine the impact of new accounting standards and the accounting implications of changes in the business including product launches
- Help promote accounting policies and procedures while maintaining a strong internal control environment
- Collaborate on fulfilling audit requests
- Support the Accounting Manager on daily and month-end close responsibilities such as:
- Overseeing the coordination and schedule of the month end close process
- Approval of journal entries
- Review account reconciliations
- Ensure that KPIs are met
- Other tasks as assigned
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and 4+ years of experience in an accounting or similar role
- Knowledge of US GAAP specifically ASC 606 and ASC 830
- Experience working in NetSuite or similar ERP systems
- Experience analyzing and working with large datasets and familiarity with data management tools such as Excel (can perform complex functions) and SQL
- Curiosity to surface insights from data; you seek to understand not only the "what," but also the "why?"
Who we are
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company match
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer