Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
You are eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You are passionate about driving growth at a scaling company. No challenge is too big, and you thrive in fast-paced dynamic environments.
- Conduct month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closings and reporting and performs high-level inquiries/reviews as necessary to ensure accuracy and consistency of reported data.
- Consolidate financial data from various IT systems into the GL and performs detailed reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completion of data transfers.
- Prepare journal entries as required.
- Research and documenting US GAAP technical memos.
- Prepare year-end US GAAP financial statements and footnotes.
- Manage and interacting with external auditors as needed.
- Manage AP vendor set, invoice approval, and invoice payment process.
- Work with other organizations within the business to monitor and document internal control business processes and updating flow-charts as necessary.
- Work closely with FP&A to assist in budget-to-actual spending analysis.
- Work closely with IT to increase automation and improve workflows within our ERP and other systems
- Prepare federal and state returns and miscellaneous tax filings.
- Provide support as needed to department and business managers.
- Perform special projects as assigned by CFO or Controller.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years in private accounting (public accounting experience a plus)
- CPA, required
- Fluency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong data driven decision making skills and the ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to define, implement and manage the creation of new processes
- Ability to leverage technology to invent, improve, and scale.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, change direction quickly and prioritize workload.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations.
- Experience with Workday Financial Management or similar ERP systems
- Experience with SQL
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!