Senior Contract Negotiator - Financial Services at Databricks (Seattle, WA)
Recruiter: Patricia Quartini
Databricks is looking for an experienced contracts manager to support the Financial Services vertical. The Contracts Manager will report to the Legal Director, Americas, and be an important part of the team responsible for reviewing and negotiating Financial Services and other customer agreements, providing legal support for revenue-generating activities of Databricks.
The Senior Contracts Manager has 5+ years of relevant legal experience: (1) contracting with Financial Services entities; (2) background negotiating complex SaaS technology transactions with commercial organizations; and (3) meaningful experience with issues related to privacy, data security, and intellectual property, including open source software, OCC and other laws or regulations affecting banking and Financial Services customers.
The impact you will have:
- You will establish yourself as a trusted member of the legal team that facilitates Databricks' rapid revenue growth through drafting and negotiating contracts including SaaS agreements, partner agreements, and NDAs focused on the Financial Services vertical
- You will cultivate relationships and provide strategic advice on our go-to-market efforts
- You will contribute as a team player to help further the status of the legal department as a respected and valued resource within the company
- You will apply understanding of product, data security and privacy risk matters to address issues with potential customers during negotiation
- You will handle major engagements and negotiations, balancing revenue growth with long-term risk
What we look for:
- Minimum 5 years' experience including at least 3 in-house
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with substantial experience with Financial Services customer contracting preferably with a focus on software or software-as-a-service offerings
- Substantial experience negotiating complex transactions involving security, privacy, and IP issues
- Understanding of OCC and other regulatory requirements governing Financial Services customers
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.