Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
In this role you will be responsible for leadership, vision, and management of the teams that ensure a great carrier match, price, and service on each shipment. You will lead, grow and nurture teams across both our Seattle and Atlanta offices. You’re experienced in operations and strategy. You have a strong customer orientation, experience leading teams, and the ability to optimize your team’s actions—through both process changes and training as well as partnership with Convoy’s product team—to get the best possible results.
You will join in Convoy’s mission to transform the trucking industry by reducing waste while building trust with shippers and truck drivers. You will be passionate about these goals and able to bring innovative ideas to further our mission.
What problems do we need you to own and solve?
- Attract and retain top talent to build high performing teams
- Develop a vision and set strategy for your organization
- Ensure world-class service at a great price in the day-to-day team operations, ensuring that your team stays focused on the right goals at the right time
- Constantly improve the ROI of your team through process improvements, training, and partnership with your product / technology counterparts to optimize team actions
- Deep dive your team’s results to diagnose root causes of both success and failure, developing action plans for each
- True to Convoy’s mission, help reduce waste and carbon emissions, and help drivers earn more with less hassle while being treated with respect and spending more time with their families.
What do you need to have
- Experience setting vision / strategy for your team or organization
- Ability to work closely with product to achieve joint goals
- Experience optimizing your teams’ processes to achieve the best results on company goals
- Data fluency and an ability to dive deep into root causes of metric performance (SQL skills are a bonus)
- Experience leading / building multiple teams and hiring / developing leaders in your organization
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!