Senior Director, FP&A at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:10 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
The Senior Director of FP&A role will oversee all of financial planning and analysis for Convoy. In close partnership with the CFO and executive leadership team, you will help shape business strategy and priorities across the organization, subsequently driving accountability for execution and results. You will lead, grow, and inspire a team of seasoned finance professionals and collaborate effectively across the broader Convoy team.
Responsibilities will include all facets of financial and operational planning, forecasting and reporting. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and will be a key member of the Finance leadership team.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to the Chief Financial Officer and the executive leadership team on financial, operational, strategic topics.
- In partnership with business leaders, develop and review finance and operating plans across the organization. Provide the business with data, advice and direction for decision-making, with a constant focus on growth opportunities.
- Lead Convoy’s annual planning and budgeting process, owning the long-term plan and corresponding financial modes. In doing so, provide a systematic process and framework for continued growth.
- Lead, expand and develop a growing team of finance business partners and FP&A professionals. Continuously evaluate, develop, coach and mentor the team, with a focus on supporting Convoy through future stages of growth.
- Provide input on corporate development activity, thinking strategically about growth opportunities and supporting analysis, in collaboration with peers.
- As the company matures, partner with the CFO and IR team on internal and external communication, providing accurate and timely data.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 15+ years' experience in senior finance leadership roles partnering with executives, ideally with 10+ years' experience of progressive finance leadership in a technology, marketplace or services industry. B2B experience a plus.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management from an accredited undergraduate institution, or equivalent experience; MBA, CFA, and/or CPA is a plus.
- Deep subject matter expertise in FP&A; experience as a leader of the FP&A function, ideally in an organization with a similar scale, growth trajectory, or complexity as Convoy.
- Track record of leading, growing, and developing high-performing teams, with a focus on hands-on development and coaching.
- Executive level communication skills (verbal, written, presentation), with an ability to push back, challenge and advise senior leaders.
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional projects in a fast-paced, rapidly scaling environment.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!