Senior Director, Global Tax at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:01 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, February 26, 2020
Auth0 is a pre-IPO unicorn. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
Auth0 is looking for a Senior Director of Global Tax to join the growing Finance and Accounting team. This role will be responsible for Auth0’s tax life cycle in the areas of, but not limited to, tax planning, tax compliance, accounting for income taxes, tax related controls under SOX, and tax controversy. You will provide guidance to company executives on company-wide significant transactions or tax related matters. This role will lead the determination of tax policy and development of the company’s overall tax strategy.
What You Will Do
- Direct the company’s accounting for income taxes in accordance with ASC 740, US GAAP, SEC and SOX internal control requirements
- Review and prepare quarterly tax provisions, including financial statements, SEC Forms 10-K and 10-Q, including tax related footnotes
- Ensure timely and accurate filing returns of federal and state income tax returns, sales and use tax, VAT, property tax, 1099 reporting, and other withholding taxes
- Strategize and coordinate on behalf of the company all tax audits and correspondence with taxing authorities, including federal, foreign, state, and local tax authorities
- Collaborate and provide required documentation with company auditors
- Manage company tax environment to full compliance and minimal risk
- Manage various tax planning initiatives; tax research, tax planning, tax accruals, system implementation and automation initiatives, mergers and acquisitions, and other special projects
- Provide subject-matter tax expertise, including best-practices, development and maintenance of tax processes and policies; monitoring and research of tax law changes, and filing requirements for current and future jurisdictions, etc.
- Manage external tax advisers as needed to supplement internal capabilities
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude, and teamwork
- Adhere to local, state and federal laws
What You Bring
- 12+ years of progressively responsible tax accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or relevant course of study required. Masters and legal degree a plus.
- Experience in fast growth and Software as a Service (SAAS) environments
- Experience in multi-national tax strategies, including intellectual property transfers, transfer pricing, and foreign tax structures
- Experience in SEC reporting related to corporate tax and ASC 740 tax compliance
- Experience with regulatory, compliance and training matters including: AML, anti-
- bribery, and business ethics
- Ability to think strategically and give practical advice; high-degree of independent
- Must be able to handle difficult and stressful decision; strong negotiation, influencing
- and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative and hands-on environment, seamlessly moving between strategy and execution
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description