Senior Finance and Data Analyst at Assurance
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:38 p.m. (PST) on Thursday, August 13, 2020
The Assurance Finance team is seeking a Senior Finance & Data Analyst that thrives in a fast-paced, analytical, collaborative environment, supporting an innovative and rapidly growing company. The Senior Finance & Data Analyst will work closely with the Senior Revenue Manager to partner with our Engineering and Data Science teams on the build-out of an automated calculation engine. You’ll be responsible for the implementation of this solution and manage the process, providing ongoing insights to the business regarding the profitability for each product at the most granular levels.
In this role you’ll gain an understanding of the business and products, bring together datasets necessary to provide deep insights, and will partner effectively across the organization including Product Management, Data Science, and Engineering. Your work will drive business decisions and allow us to properly calculate revenue under US GAAP.
Both Assurance and its Finance team are built upon a foundation of world-class technology, data science, and human talent that are combined to solve tough business problems through the generation of insights and execution. The right person for this role thrives in an ever-changing and environment and loves combining an analytical and finance lens to solve business problems.
· Build a robust process that supports revenue analytics for new products that Assurance is launching to meet ever-changing customer needs
· Using sophisticated data tools to execute the end-to-end revenue booking and analysis process, including data ingestion, analytics, and validation
· Create efficient processes and manage multiple workflows with various stakeholders
· Creation of a reporting framework and dashboards regarding revenue and profitability for senior management
· Documentation and testing of revenue related internal controls
· Ad hoc analysis and projects as needed
· A B.S. in Data, MIS, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Finance, Accounting, or similar field
· At least 4 years of practical experience using BI Tools and 6 years of total relevant job experience desired
· Experience in Finance or related quantitative field (understanding of basic accounting and finance skills is a plus)
· Experience in SQL and Looker and ability to query data from underlying relational databases
· Ability to create dashboards that generate insights
· Strong Excel, Access and PowerPoint is a plus
· Ability to thrive in a fluid environment, driving prioritization of requests and managing through change and ambiguity
· A strong work ethic and a drive to exceed expectations
· Superior analytic, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· A positive attitude and willingness to partner effectively
What Assurance Offers
At Assurance, we strive for audacious goals, and we’re relentless in our pursuit to be the very best we can be, personally and professionally. Our benefits program is intended to enable every Assurance employee to be the best version of themselves. Our culture clears the way for you to challenge yourself and achieve the impossible. Learn more about what makes Assurance
Trust and Autonomy
At Assurance, we hire experts in their field, and we give them the independence and trust to build based on their expertise. We find that brilliant people, given this freedom and trust, will collaborate to build far more amazing things than they could ever be directed to create.
Drive to Innovate
We don't settle for the status quo – we're a team of innovators who believe that there’s almost always a better way. We operate on first principles – we challenge commonly held assumptions to create new and better solutions from scratch. In our short history we’ve made a lot progress with this mentality, launching new business lines and innovative products constantly. Following our historic acquisition by Prudential, we have more support than ever to innovate and change the world of insurance and financial services.
We leave ego at the door and work together to uncover the truth. We prioritize what is best for the whole and avoid focusing on what is best for the individual. We all care about achieving goals more than looking good, and we're eager to constantly be learning from each other.
Flexible Working Environment
Your schedule and working hours are up to you at Assurance. We care more about results than when and where you get your work done, and we find that a flexible schedule can help alleviate the stress of a rigid work-life balance.
Unlimited Time Off
We work hard, so it’s important that we take time to refresh and reset when we need it. We empower our employees to take the time that make sense for them.
Nutritional Snacks and Weekly Lunches
We encourage a healthy lifestyle for employees in all ways that we can, and we don’t want it to be tough to find sustenance when you’re hard at work! We provide healthy, nutritional snacks throughout our office, and outstanding local coffee. We also host a weekly lunch, featuring top local restaurants, to accompany our all-company meeting.
We want to make sure it’s easy for you to get to and from work, so we a provide free public transportation or greatly subsidized parking close to our office.
From the beginning, our founders believed that beautiful, open, inspiring spaces lead to energy and creativity. We seek beautiful office spaces in all of our locations, and in 2020 we’ll be taking occupancy of a stunning new office on the top two floors of Madison Center in downtown Seattle – this space features floor to ceiling windows with stunning 360 degree views of the Puget Sound, and an exclusive private rooftop deck.
Competitive Health Benefits
Access to high quality healthcare is core to our business, and we care that our employees don’t have to worry about visiting a doctor. All employees receive competitive health, dental, and vision benefits packages.
Choice of High-End Equipment
We want to make sure you’re empowered to create amazing things. We give new employees the option of a variety of high-end computers and accessories.
We believe in the importance of investing in yourself in a variety of ways, including financially. We offer a strong 401k plan, with options to invest in traditional, Roth, and after-tax options, all backed by a best-in-class platform from Prudential.
Read Full Job Description