Senior Financial Analyst
At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate, highly quantitative, and talented Senior Financial Analyst. This position will be integral in helping to manage the financial performance of the organization. The position will provide support to the Sr. Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, as well as the CFO and Controller. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter with a passion for diving deep into data and a keen attention to detail. This candidate will also possess exceptional communication and partnership skills.
- Develop and maintain financial forecasts focused on cash flow and liquidity
- Develop income statement, balance sheet and cash flow projections in the context of strategic objectives
- Prepare quarterly financial exhibits and presentations to support external financial deliverables
- Analyze business and financial results, providing detailed revenue, margin and expense analyses that draw relevant and meaningful conclusions
- Assist with debt covenant compliance and calculation of relevant ratios
- Assist with preparations for Board of Director meetings and other executive presentations
- Report on key financial and operating metrics
- Support ad hoc financial projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Finance, or related fields, or equivalent years’ experience
- 5+ years of finance and/or accounting experience, preferably in a fast paced, high growth company. Retail and e-commerce experience a plus
- Superior Excel skills, including the ability to manipulate large sets of data and apply complex formulas
- Possess a firm understanding of Financial Statements including Balance Sheet and Cash Flow. Working knowledge of basic accounting principles & US GAAP.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Creative problem-solving skills and focus on process improvements
- Strong business acumen; ability to see the big picture and to understand and solve for strategic objectives
- Effective communication skills; ability to prioritize and maintain accuracy in a dynamic environment
- Develop relationships across the organization, working cross functionally to get results
- Ability to distill complex financial information and present in a simplified fashion
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage, paid by employer
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus