Senior Internal Auditor
Smartsheet is seeking a skilled compliance professional with a collaborative approach to help build an independent relationship with management to reduce risk and drive accountability and process improvement. The Senior Internal Auditor will be an objective team member improving operations through a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The ideal candidate will have a balance of technical skills, knowledge of accounting procedures, experience with designing or testing internal controls, professional skepticism and drive towards constructive solutions. This foundational role is part of the growing Internal Audit function that will report directly to the Head of Internal Audit in our Bellevue, WA Office.
- Actively participate in establishing the Company’s full audit cycle
- Participate in internal audit engagement planning, reporting, scoping, execution and follow-up as defined
- Act as central liaison between external audit and the business for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) field work, and manage projects to maximize productivity of audit and minimize impact to the business
- Establish and lead workstreams to ensure SOX tasks, including control documentation, are maintained and completed timely working with business and IT process owners
- Perform testing of controls, including obtaining, analyzing, and evaluating accounting and/or IT documentation, reports, data, flowcharts, etc.
- Actively work with business team members to ensure internal control issues identified are understood and timely resolved
- Prepare and present regular reports to Accounting, IT and other business leaders on internal audit activities such as control findings, results and recommendations for improvement
- Provide SOX audit experience with regards to information produced by entity / key reports, SOC-1s, and other audit considerations
- Determine internal audit scope, participate in annual Enterprise Risk Assessments, and develop internal audit test plans
- Take on ad-hoc internal audit and/or compliance related projects working cross-functionally with the business
- Bachelor's Degree, active CPA/CISA preferred
- 3+ years Internal Audit and/or Public Accounting experience
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and components of internal controls
- Strong analytical and project management abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
- Proven ability to work independently and thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing, and collaborative environment
- Familiarity with ERP and other financially relevant systems
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed