Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As the Senior Leader of Pricing on the Marketplace Growth team, you will be responsible for the company’s pricing strategy to achieve our marketplace, volume and profitability goals while working across our several internal and external stakeholders.
- Hire, mentor and scale a high performing team that includes both strategic and operational functions
- Build pricing strategies and explore incremental opportunities for growth via pricing across Convoy’s existing and future offerings
- Coordinate pricing initiatives across Convoy’s revenue programs and offerings; including working directly with Product, Demand and Finance to ensure a cohesive strategy
- Collaborate with Data Science to understand industry trends with regards to marketplace pricing and translate that market data into a digestible and actionable format
- Partner with Demand stakeholders to refine and build pricing strategies for existing and new shippers as well as contract and transactional revenue programs
- Develop pricing tests across Convoy’s revenue programs
- Immediate Impact: 8+ years of professional experience in strategy, finance, pricing, revenue management or similar fields. Experience defining, supporting, and/or managing pricing judgements as well as pricing frameworks and strategies
- Strategy: You are able to own and drive programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy
- Fluency with data: You love working with numbers and can draw insights and actions from them, unlocking both incremental and large operational improvements. Strong systematic and financial skills to work on complex business scenario planning. SQL, Excel and/or similar data analysis experience.
- Just do it attitude: You have strong operational mindedness, curiosity and can drive concrete programs and an ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early leader of a growing team
- Communications: You have excellent written and oral communication skills. You can synthesize data into recommendations for business strategy & tactics to a range of audiences including executive leadership.
- Judgment: You can assess costs, benefits, and risks to your programs. You can identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively
- Influence: You drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities. Executive presence with the ability to succinctly, confidently and articulately defend positions in both verbal and written communications
- Organizational and time management skills: Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Humility: Takes work seriously, but not themselves. Confident, yet humble. Enjoys hearing diverse perspectives on a problem and bringing groups together to agree on the best possible solution
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!