Senior Manager, Order and Billing Operations
This Senior Manager role is responsible for leading Smartsheet’s order processing and billing operations. This role owns timely, efficient, and accurate product provisioning and billing of all sales orders, and Smartsheet plan renewals for customers worldwide. This role currently manages team of 8 which includes 1 Manager, and 1 Lead. The role partners closely with the Sales, Sales operations, Customer Success, Revenue, and Legal teams to drive efficient cross functional processes that make product provisioning and billing after a sales order has been received seamless and efficient.
We are an increasingly complex, high-growth SaaS company with expanding international operations where challenging tasks arise on a regular basis. Our team supports 79,000 domain-based customers worldwide. This individual will be expected to work collaboratively with Sales, Customer Success, Legal, and various functions across the entire business in delivering best-in-class customer service. This involves defining constant improvements to the order activation and billing process as we grow.
At Smartsheet, we are passionate about our operations and our team. We are looking for an individual who will be an exemplary team leader and who can design, scale, and manage billing operations while seeking continuous process and system improvements.
This position reports to the Director of Finance Operations.
- Deliver all order and billing operations goals, primarily tied to the effective processing of sales orders, customer provisioning, and invoicing.
- Supervise, mentor, and coach Order and Billing team
- Improve turnaround times for sales team requests, processing sales orders, and customer provisioning
- Design, track, and report on key operational metrics for the Order and Billing Operations team
- Serve as primary point of escalation for Sales, Sales Operations, and Legal teams
- Collaborate and communicate changing policies, process and procedures across functional teams in a timely and clear manner
- Serve as first point of escalation on issues with sales orders, activations, and customer renewals
- Manage and forecast team workload and expected peak times. Incorporate growth into hiring as needed
- Be the primary contact for the accounting team on monthly close tasks
- Conduct Sales training on order and billing operations
- Manage staff and other expenses to budget
- Drive continuous process improvements, controls, and systems optimization
- Other special projects as requested
- 10+ years progressive experience in quote-to-cash operations in a fast-paced, high growth environment, SaaS experience preferred.
- Strategic thinker and process optimizer who can identify and quickly resolve friction in the “order to billing” process.
- Ability to influence and bring team members and partners along to create and implement win-win solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing teams. Inspirational and visionary. Well organized; ability to prioritize tasks and provide a high-level of accuracy
- High degree of curiosity in continuously optimizing team efficiency by analyzing problems, developing/recommending solutions, and resolving issues
- Highly proficient with the use of technology for automating and streamlining processes
- Ability to interact with the rest of the team and outside parties and remain professional and flexible while under pressure
- Knowledge of NetSuite preferred
- B.A. degree in accounting, operations or relevant field
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.