Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting at Smartsheet
Smartsheet is looking to find a strong Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting to join our growing Accounting Team. We are an increasingly complex, high-growth SaaS company with expanding international operations, where challenging tasks arise on a regular basis. By joining, you will be part of a high-performing team responsible for covering revenue and deferred revenue for the Company.
With more than 90,000 customers who purchase our subscription services and our professional services, there is a lot to assess, analyze, record, and report on. The selected individual will help us make sure that we record revenue in accordance with revenue recognition standards, while streamlining operational processes to support an efficient monthly close cadence.
We are looking for someone who can manage the team, engage in technical revenue recognition discussions, optimize for SOX, and streamline for efficiency. Communication skills are important as this individual will be expected to communicate effectively across Accounting and Finance organizations, as well as with Sales, Legal, and others.
- Own revenue accounting at the company
- Manage a team of 3 direct reports
- Understand and apply Company’s revenue accounting policy in accordance with ASC 606
- Review and approve journal entries
- Review complex customer contracts for revenue recognition implications
- Understand, update, and maintain Smartsheet’s multiple-element arrangement analyses
- Interact with external auditors on topics related to revenue recognition
- Work closely with Sales, Product, Legal, and Deal Desk teams on complex deals and new product developments
- Support 10-q and 10-k drafting processes as related to revenue recognition matters
- Own and report on the process for calculating allowance for doubtful accounts
- Other special projects as requested
- CPA license required
- 8+ years working experience
- A mix of public and private accounting background preferred
- Experience working in dynamic environments, preferably at fast-growing companies
- Experience using NetSuite preferred
- Experience with multiple-element arrangement accounting strongly preferred
- Familiarity and expertise in order-to-cash processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of internal control principles
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.