Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
You are eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You are passionate about driving growth at a scaling company. No challenge is too big, and you thrive in fast-paced dynamic environments.
- Develop, head, and redesign the billing process to drive automation while achieving complete and accurate invoices. Understand the impact of various revenue programs with respect to the invoicing process and internal financial reporting. This will be done in partnership with teams across Convoy.
- Coach, mentor, and manage a high performing department of collections, billing compliance & maintenance, billing operations, and document support. In addition to managing internal teams you will be responsible for managing the relationship with our offshore contractors.
- Partner with Marketing, Product & Engineering, Demand, MarketPlace Growth, Accounting and other functions to steer critical initiatives increasing visibility of the downstream impact of individual departments on billing, collections and revenue recognition.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and automation of critical business processes and solutions and new products.
- Oversee that shipments completed are invoiced both timely and accurately based on customer contracts, policy or agreements, including fuel and all accessorial related charges.
- Ensure that the Finance Operations department generates and utilizes billing audit reports to ensure accurate billing, ensures that invoices are sent to customers are accompanied with all required documentation and back up, assists internal and external customers with questions regarding billing and collections.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of professional experience in program/project management, account management, logistics, and similar fields. Experience in company wide programs and initiatives and steering large programs from design through implementation is highly desired
- 5+ years of management experience
- Ability to understand company wide strategic programs and tactics to support new revenue programs and expansion to new shipper segments and the impact that it will have on Finance Operations.
- The tenacity to roll up your sleeves and see ideas through implementation, supported by change management techniques, to drive sustainability
- The ability to own and drive programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy and to develop strategy, and gain buy-in, for future innovations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. You can synthesize data into recommendations for business strategy and tactics to a range of audience, including executive leadership
- High emotional intelligence and humility. Ability to collaborate and partner with a diverse set of stakeholders including shippers, demand, marketplace growth, accounting, product & engineering and teams across all of Convoy.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!