Senior Tax Accountant at Blue Nile
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Senior Tax Accountant to be a key contributor to our Finance Department. We serve customers in over 45 countries and territories all over the world. This is a unique role that provides the exposure both to the global direct and indirect tax compliance and operations. If you are a tax professional who are looking for your next challenge and eager to apply your tax technical skills along with continues learning opportunity, then consider joining the Tax Team at Blue Nile.
Blue Nile a leading online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success. Blue Nile offers a reimbursement program for those who would like to pursue their CPA license.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Senior Tax Accountant to be a key contributor to our Finance Department. We serve customers in over 45 countries and territories all over the world. This is a unique role that provides the exposure both to the global direct and indirect tax compliance and operations. If you are a tax professional who are looking for your next challenge and eager to apply your tax technical skills along with continues learning opportunity, then consider joining the Tax Team at Blue Nile. The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented self–starter who possesses exceptional organization, multi-tasking and communication skills. Candidates must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work closely and proactively within the tax team and numerous functional teams across our organization.
- Tax month-end close procedures preparation of actuals, journal entries, reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts, and preparation of internal analyses and reports.
- Own the accurate and timely filing of domestic and global indirect tax compliance, including US Sales Tax, Sales & Use, VAT/GST, Occupancy Taxes, Gross Receipts, and Property Tax to ensure timely, accurate reporting and remittance.
- Work closely with third-party global compliance partners to ensure accurate and complete information is provided in a timely manner. Manage all requests for information and data to support preparation of reporting deliverables and ad-hoc requests.
- Assist with the global income tax provision including deferred accounting, payable accounting, tax accounts roll forward, FIN48, RTP and ETR.
- Manage and maintain the tax calendar for tax filing obligations ensuring we are current on our filings.
- Assist with the preparation of federal, state, and local corporate income tax returns.
- Support the implementation of processes as a result of new and evolving business practices and expansion plan.
- Other ad hoc projects as directed by management.
- BA or BS in Accounting, Taxation or other relevant areas
- 3+ years tax experience, preferably at a Big 4 accounting firm and/or corporate tax department of a mid/late stage privately held or publicly traded company
- Highly organized, self-motivated and autonomous with ability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives with tax compliance and strategies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with experience exercising mature judgment and best practices.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete projects within deadlines.
- Ability to write and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact professionally across all departments and functionalities within the organization.
- Strong preferred skills in MS Excel, Avalara and Oracle.
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage, paid by employer
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus