Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Treasury is a core part of Remitly's business, as it is tied to both revenue generation and risk mitigation. The goal of the team is to support the mission of Remitly by managing risk, providing foreign exchange execution, and optimizing our use of capital to deliver on our promise to immigrants sending money across the world.
Reporting to our Treasury Manager, you will contribute to our ongoing efforts to improve all quantitative and methodological aspects of Treasury. You will help meet our customer promise while deploying customer cash and corporate assets. We are looking for an experienced professional to join our dynamic Finance team and help build an outstanding Treasury team.
What You'll Do:
- Produce strategic analyses regarding financial risks, FX spread, or cash flow cycle to improve the use of capital, and the P&L of Treasury
- Help develop the Financial risk management framework of the company: FX, Liquidity, Optionality and Counterparty risks
- Determine trading/funding strategies
- Develop mathematical models used to forecast future cash flows or components of the financial risks
- Prototype lightweight tools to facilitate Treasury's Management
- Build dashboards using BI tools, such as Tableau
- Write methodologies about the components of the risks, the financial instruments, the P&L of Treasury
Who You Are:
- You have 4+ years of experience in Treasury, Asset and Liability Management, or similar quantitative finance roles.
- Strong theoretical quantitative knowledge, acquired in a Master/Post Graduate degree in quantitative finance, actuarial science, engineering, risk management
- Experience with most financial markets: Fixed Income, FX, Equity, Options, and Derivatives
- Theoretical knowledge of balance sheet, income statement, and cash flows
- Strong data manipulation skills, including Excel or SQL: Lookups, pivots, complex formulas
- You can code lightweight tools using either VBA, SQL, C++
- You can draft formalized methodologies with guidance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits and 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer