Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The Accounting Engineering team ensures the accuracy of our financial data, tracking millions of transactions each month flowing through 200+ bank accounts worldwide. We build event-based systems that create a financial source of truth, helping Remitly expand quickly while complying with financial regulations everywhere we serve customers. We are a small backend team that likes to work super collaboratively. You will report to the Accounting Engineering Team Lead.
- Build and maintain complex data pipelines
- Build robust and scalable system that details recordings of all customer transactions
- Work across systems and with other teams to reach product goals
- Work side-by-side with the Accounting team on monthly and yearly deliverables
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of experience shipping high-quality products
- Comfortable building, shipping, and maintaining services and systems
- Proficiency in an RDBMS like MySQL, PostgreSQL, or SQL Server
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer