Sr Accountant at Pro.com
Our Finance & Accounting team is growing, and we are seeking an outstanding Senior Accountant to join our team in Seattle. Our team is responsible for accounting, analysis, and reporting of Pro’s activity on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. You will prepare accruals, reconciliations and analytical reporting, and support business teams by providing accounting guidance and analysis support. The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for revenue tracking and A/R. This candidate will play a key role in future system implementation. We expect you to be dedicated, collaborative, proactive, team supporter and able to perform a variety of accounting functions independently.
Pro.com is a venture-backed, technology-based General Contractor in the home improvement, remodeling and new construction market. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are a rapidly growing and maturing company with the vision to be the world’s most customer-centric provider of services for the home.
You’ll likely thrive here if:
- You relentlessly pursue what is best for our customers.
- You are inclusive and transparent in your actions and communications as you work collaboratively toward a common purpose.
- You start with why and let the data be your guide.
- You are one who seeks ownership; your first reaction to a problem is, “How can I solve it?”
- You move quickly, prioritize & execute.
- You work smarter not harder by being efficient, tenacious, and thoughtful.
What you’ll do:
- Timely and accurate recording of expense activity in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare month-end journal entries and analyses
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Revenue, A/R and deferred revenue - ensure appropriate tracking and accounting on a by job basis
- Prepare quarterly allowance for doubtful accounts calculation, including analysis of aging
- Assist in set-up of process and appropriate tracking for new streams of revenue
- Identify and implement process improvements that increase accuracy and efficiency
- Identify trends or issues that require management's attention
- Work with business partners to provide accounting guidance and analysis support
- Support internal/external audit requests
- Special projects as assigned
How to Qualify:
- 2 to 3 years of accounting experience
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong Excel skills as well as the ability to work with large amounts of data
- Excellent organizational and time management skills- ability to prioritize effectively
- Team player able to effectively interact with colleagues and business partners across the company
- Ability to build strong working relationships within the team and with business partners across the company
- Attention to detail and proactive approach
- Flexible in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Google Sheets preferred
- Competitive salary
- Open PTO (no cap, no accrual)
- Paid Flex Holidays
- Employer subsidized benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, etc.)
- Employer-paid Life, Disability and more!
- Stock options
- Fully stocked corporate kitchen and weekly catered lunches
Pro.com is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice to third party agencies:
Please note that Pro.com does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Pro.com will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.