Staff Accountant (temporary) at Blue Nile
Blue Nile is a leading online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative, and resourceful - making an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard work, flexibility, and collaboration to creatively solve problems and constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success. We offer employees the chance to get e-commerce, inventory/manufacturing, and traditional retail (through our showrooms/stores) finance experience.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Staff Accountant to be a key contributor to our Finance Organization. Specific responsibilities will include cash application, recording journal entries and reconciling assigned financial statement accounts, and ad hoc special projects and analyses.
The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented self –starter who possesses exceptional organization, multi-tasking and communication skills. This position supports many functions within the Finance team.
- Daily high volume processing and reconciliation of cash receipts for domestic and international sales
- Review and data entry of daily customer refund activity
- Assist in reconciling, resolving and/or writing off outstanding aged accounts receivable balances
- Assist in supporting customer service including researching customer refunds and processing credits
- Month-end close procedures such as preparation of journal entries and reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts, including, but not limited to:
- Cash and cash equivalents
- Accounts receivable
- Prepare internal monthly financial reporting packet and month-end close slides
- Serve as a backup for various responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Accounting for fixed assets
- Vendor and GL account set-up
- Processing electronic wires and payments
- Preparation of requested audit documentation/analyses to support audits
- Other projects and initiatives as needed
- Previous experience in multi-disciplinary design with a digital-first approach
- BA or BS in Accounting
- Minimum of one year accounting experience
- Knowledge of general accounting, financial reporting and GAAP concepts
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete projects within deadlines
- Ability to write and communicate effectively
- Ability to interact professionally across all departments and functionalities within the organization
- Strong Excel skills