The Staff Accountant, in the Operational Accounting Program (OAP), is responsible for the preparation, processing, and maintenance of month end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, daily cash movement journals, and new banking partner on-boarding. The Staff Accountant performs their tasks with a high level of accuracy, timeliness, and transparently communicates with business partners impacted by these processes. The Staff Accountant will frequently work with the Customer Transactional Accounting Program (CTAP) and Treasury teams. The Staff Accountant reports directly to the Operational Accounting Manager.
An ideal team member of Remitly, is detail oriented with a strong bias for action and is excited by the opportunity to take ownership in making a big impact in a growing Company.
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations for revenue, daily cash movement, prepaid expenses, employee expense reports, and expense accruals.
- Utilize intermediate Excel (vlookup, index/match, sumifs) skills to transform raw data from various files into journal entries and reports for month end close; uploading those entries into financial systems and reviewing results for completeness and correctness.
- Assist in on-boarding new banking partners into Accounting systems by consolidating information from various internal teams and communicating status updates and partner details to key stakeholders.
- Identify and propose potential solutions to optimize data management and improve business processes around revenue entries, foreign exchange trade uploads, daily cash movement journals, and new bank partner on-boarding.
- Assist in the preparation of audit support for annual Financial Statement and Compliance audits.
- Ad-hoc tasks and special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, degree in Accounting strongly preferred
- 2+ years of experience in Accounting or related field
- Experience working in NetSuite and Concur preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects
- Strong analytical, research, and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
Who we are:
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $6 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers’ PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.