Staff Accountant at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:04 a.m. (PST) on Friday, September 11, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time.
When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
You are eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You are passionate about driving growth at a scaling company. No challenge is too big, and you thrive in fast-paced dynamic environments.
- Assist in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closings and reporting.
- Consolidate financial data from various IT systems into the GL and performs detailed reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completion of data transfers.
- Assist in maintenance of GL structure.
- Prepare journal entries for review/posting as required.
- Perform research for US GAAP technical memos.
- Assist in preparation of year-end US GAAP financial statements and footnotes.
- Work with external auditors to prepare and present year-end financial statements.
- Manage AP vendor set, invoice approval, and invoice payment process.
- Monitor and documents internal control business processes and update flow-charts as necessary.
- Research and document appropriate tax accounting methods as they relate to IRS guidelines.
- Work with external tax accountants to complete tax provisions and indirect tax analysis.
- Prepare federal and state returns and miscellaneous tax filings.
- Provide support as needed to department and business managers.
- Perform special projects as assigned by CFO or Controller.
- 2+ years in private accounting (public accounting experience is a plus)
- CPA license, required
- Tax experience
- Fluency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to independently define, implement and manage the creation of new processes
- Leveraging technology to invent, improve, and scale.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, change direction quickly and prioritize workload.
- Self-starter and possesses flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations.
Nice to have's:
- Experience with Workday Financial Management or similar ERP systems.
- Experience with SQL.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!