Staff Accountant at Skilljar
Skilljar is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our fast-growing team. The ideal candidate will be an analytical thinker that uses data to inform the business. They will support our high-growth trajectory and will work closely with our Controller to help Skilljar achieve our goals.
This role will be very hands-on for the entire accounting process and performing a wide variety of accounting staff functions. This individual will work cross-functionally with other team leads to ensure that we have a scalable process in place to manage Skilljar’s accounting in a GAAP compliant way while the organization continues to rapidly grow.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.Responsibilities
- Assist with month-end close processes, including recording monthly journal entries, timely preparation, and review of month-end reconciliations and monthly reporting.
- Manage accounts receivable, collections, corporate credit cards, and accounts payable programs efficiently to maximize the cash position of the business.
- Perform daily accounting tasks, including assisting with banking transactions, GL coding of invoices, credit cards, and expense reports.
- Review revenue transactions, resolve discrepancies, and work with management to develop processes, procedures, and controls necessary to book transactions appropriately.
- Assist with fixed asset management, including accurately recording, tracking, and appropriate depreciation.
- Prepare timely and accurate departmental reports, including analysis of monthly expenses.
- Help with preparing for financial statement audits, including pulling documentation, preparing audit schedules, and tying out financial statements.
- Work on various accounting initiatives, including new system implementations and enhancements.
- Use accounting concepts, experience, analytical skills, and industry knowledge to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Minimum of three years of experience in accounting or finance-related field required.
- Bachelor’s degree with accounting emphasis required and CPA preferred.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, accounting theory, current accounting issues, and accounting systems.
- Proficient with Salesforce, Quickbooks, and ERP systems.
- Maintains a high level of time-sensitive work prioritization, accuracy, organizational, and communication skills.
- Self-directed work style; thrives at being resourceful and embodies a strong work ethic
- Comfortable in a virtual environment.
- Desire to expand accounting skills and knowledge.
- SaaS experience is strongly preferred.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Colorado.