Peach is a venture-backed lunch delivery business that started in June 2014 and serves thousands of customers in Western Washington, Boston and San Diego. Peach has a unique and compelling business model where both the customer and the restaurant win; by capitalizing on the availability and talent of local restaurants, we bring locally produced, high quality meals to our customers in office buildings.
We are looking for a staff accountant to own and improve accounting deliverables at Peach. An ideal candidate will be an individual looking to grasp all aspects of accounting and owning each of them. If you are looking to fast track your accounting career at a start-up, this role is for you. While you'll be expected to work on AR, AP, payroll and month end, you'll also help with GAAP financial statements with footnotes, compliance research, and HR functions. You will be able to gain a breadth of experience not generally available to entry level accounting staff. This position reports to the accounting/finance manager of the company.
- Own month end close, inter-period management reports, general ledger
- Collect and track AR
- Process vendor payments
- Respond to questions from vendors/customers regarding payments, invoicing items, etc.
- File state & city level taxes on the monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Process full-time & hourly employee payroll
- Review & approve employee expense reports while holding employees accountable
- Perform basic HR functions (offer letters, onboarding new hires in internal systems, etc.)
- Prepare monthly GAAP financial reports
- Accounting or finance major
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Experience with Quickbooks Online
- 1+ year of accounting experience
- Technological proficiency using a wide range of programs