Staff Accountant at Remitly
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
We're searching for a Staff Accountant to join Remitly's Finance team, reporting to our Accounting Supervisor.
- Record cash transactions daily - involves researching uncommon transactions and determining how to code. Understanding these items will need to be supported - email communications are sufficient.
- Maintain fixed asset sub-ledger
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts monthly - understanding the purpose behind reconciliations.
- Prepare and record select accruals and deposit accounts monthly
- Help with accounts payable
- Be a back-up for accounting for leases, internal use software, and cloud computing costs.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or finance
- 1+ years of professional experience in an accounting or similar role
- You are interested in the "why" as well as the "what"
- Experienced with Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- You enjoy working across teams, and with internal and external partners
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer